Friday 26 April 2013

International 'Virtual' Meet anyone?

Would anyone else like to take part in this 'virtual' meet?

I ran it past a few people who I know (like me!) live in far flung areas and find it difficult sometimes to reach meet up venues (unavailable trains, families, etc etc....)  I'm currently getting together responses.  A lot of people who came to the sewing blog community (like I did) through Sew Weekly are 'floating around' now and hitching up to various Sewalongs.  I thought it would be fun it we could have a reunion here (on the blog - not here where I live, just to clear up any misunderstanding) and welcome anyone else who might like to join in.  Just answer a few questions!

What do you like to eat and drink?
What fabric/pattern have you just bought?
What are you currently making/going to make next?
Have you anything you'd like to swap?
Anything else you'd like to say?
Send me a photo of you wearing a creation and enjoying a meal/drink!


I'll be happy for you to 'lift' the photos/info off my blog so you can stick them on your own and get to know a few more sewers out there.

Look forward to hearing from you!

6 comments:

  1. I would join but it looks as if you want people who are actually in your area so that you can meet for lunch - is that right, or is this a blog meetup? If you want to let me know, my blog is sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's just meant to be a 'virtual' meet for a bit of fun. It's on the blog only. I haven't any experience of doing this, so I don't know if it's a common thing to do or not? The idea is to send a photo of yourself and some info of what you might want to swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in, I'll email all the details soon. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, when is the deadline to get the stuff to you? I am sick with this ole asthma right now.. Just let me know,and I will get the info to you.. Do we email it to you? SO fun.. thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thank you for posting a reply on my blog, much appreciated. Yes, I would love to join in. Do we email our photo to you, and the answers to the questions? And, I also have a question that might seem a little silly, but I am not sure what swap means in the sewing blogosphere. Would you mind telling me please ? :-) And, when do you propose to start? I guess we all post your sewing meet on our blogs, and then other people would find out. I am not sure how these things work, but I think that is one way to get the word out.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...