Thursday 19 January 2017

Our Wedding



I've had the official photos back for some time now but in the meantime I was really busy at work as well as ill with cold - so I've been resting as much as I can in spare time to recover.  No crafting ... no blogging ... no nothing and I enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing Christmas and New Year.  No doubt all the stress of organising my special day didn't help, but when the time came, everything went to plan and Kevin and I had a wonderful time. I'm glad I have such a gorgeous set of photographs to look back over and make the day come alive again and I would like to document it so here are a few photos to give an idea of what went on ...

I tried to keep things as simple as possible and had a vintage theme going through a number of eras.

I bought my dress ... the plan was to make one but I went on an expedition with a couple of friends to try lots of shapes and see which suited me best - the last one I tried was perfect and I decided to just go for it and take the pressure of making away.  I chose a simple shift shape in a heavy dusty pink lace with an interesting construction detail at the sides.  A simple jacket with a curved hem completed the outfit.






I didn't find the shoes until the week before the wedding - I had another pair lined up but then spotted these in a sale in exactly the same kind of fabric as the dress and of course had to have them.



I kept the flowers to the same colour scheme - in pink and cream - just simple bouquets of roses.



A friend of mine owns a 1930's Austin Seven named Alice and this was to be our transport to the Registry Office.


We had to be there half an hour earlier than everyone else for a pre-wedding interview.  Thankfully, we made it in time and didn't hold up the Saturday morning traffic to King's Lynn too much!



The rest of the wedding guests travelled on a vintage coach dating from the 1960's, decked out in pink and white roses for the occasion.



Our ceremony was held at the historic King's Lynn Town Hall, which dates back to the 1200's.  It is famous for it's checkerboard frontage in local stone.





Afterwards, we all travelled together on Dolly the bus to the wedding reception.


This was held in our local social club and we kept it simply decorated in pink and cream with bunting and lanterns..



We also had a wonderful band playing songs from the 30's, 40's and early 50's.  


Just a few more images of the day ...






We finished up with a honeymoon week in Cromer on the Norfolk Coast where the weather stayed sunny and fine.



 I hope you like this little potted version of the day.  It seems a long time ago now but I've really enjoyed putting this post together.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures and you really looked fantastic in that pink dress! No shame in buying the dress just cause one is good at sewing - I nearly went complete bonkers making mine! Also - how lucky with the shoes, perfect! Well, lots of belated congratulations and thank you again for sharing all these wonderful pictures with us!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...